Apex is a thriving small town southwest of Raleigh. Only 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh. The community is often referred to as the peak of good living and is easily accessible to I-40, the Raleigh-Durham International (RDU) airport, Research Triangle Park (RTP), and all of the universities and colleges in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill.
With more than 60 commercial buildings and homes dating from 1870 to 1940 and a district on the National Register of Historic Places, Apex is restoring its turn-of-the-century railroad heritage. Downtown Apex features antique and specialty gift shops, as well as restaurants
Apex regularly receives accolades for its quality of life.
- Number 1 Best Place to Live in the US, Time/Money Magazine (August 2015)
- Best Places to Live: Number 9 in America, Number 1 in North Carolina CNN/Money Magazine (August 2013)
- Best Places to Live: Number 14 in America, CNN/Money Magazine (July 2007)
- Number 1 Best City in North Carolina, Movoto (November 2013)
- Number 3 Best Place to Move To, Forbes.com (July 2009)
- Number 5 Happiest Suburb in America, Movoto (May 2014)
- Number 5 Best NC Towns for Young Families, NerdWallet (July 2013)
- Top 10 Best Towns for Families, Family Circle (July 2014)